Saturday, February 6, 2010

Waldorf Salad

Finally today Andrew was able to make his special Waldorf Salad!  He chopped all the vegetables and I had the fun job of shelling the walnuts.  Next time I think I'll borrow Jay's safety goggles from the garage.  Shelling walnuts is dangerous!  You never know which way the nut will crack.  I have shell in my hair, I hit myself in the mouth with a piece, and had my eyes closed most of the time.  I think this would be a better outdoor job as it does leave a bit of a mess.  Now Kaitie is the expert nut opener but she is off spending time with her friends today.

Waldorf Salad

1/2 cup toasted walnuts
1/2 cup celery, sliced
1/2 cup seedless grapes
1 apple chopped
3 tbls mayonnaise
1 tbls lemon juice
lettuce

Wash and chop ingredients, and mix all together!  Enjoy!

In this salad we used green grapes, and a green apple...next time we will have to use red fruit...so it doesn't look so boring  :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Macys Printable Coupons