Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Homemade Tahini and Hummus

Last week while visiting Hallee The Homemaker she posted on how to make your own Tahini Paste.  We all know how expensive tahini paste is!  I can't believe I didn't think of this, can you?  Super easy recipe 2 ingredients!

So today I decided to make some hummus, but first I would have to make some tahini.  Found the recipe, and that was when I realized I didn't have enough sesame seeds!  So  I thought ok I will half the recipe...but then I remembered Hallee also posted recipe that same day to make Sunflower Seed Substitute Tahini Paste !  Well ok!   I have sunflower seeds!  With both sesame seeds and sunflower seeds I still was a bit short.  So I adjusted the oil a little and I made Sesame/Sunflower (tahini)paste!  Mmmm yummy!  No more buying expensive tahini!  Hallee says that the jar should last about 3months in the fridge...but I really don't think my jar will last that long.

Sesame/Sunflower (tahini)paste

  • 1cup toasted sesame seeds
  • 1cup toasted sunflower seeds
  • 1/2cup olive oil 
Put all ingredients into food processor, whirl till mixed!
This is the best tasting Tahini ever!  I am totally addicted to this!  So easy, so yummy!  You really got to try it!


Hummus
I do not have an amazing must make recipe for hummus...Yet.  I just throw in the chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and today I tried seasoning with cumin.  Nothing special but still yummy.  Do you have a good hummus recipe?  Let me know!

Sharing with Ultimate Recipe Swap hosted by Life as a Mom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Macys Printable Coupons